Your insurance company will send an adjuster to your home to assess the damage. Often this is an employee of your insurance company or a third party adjusting firm. Depending on the severity of the fire, the first adjuster may be able to create a scope of repair on the home.

Often larger fires require that the claim be turned over to a “Large Loss” adjuster. Many times the claim has to be reviewed by a desk adjuster before the scope can be “finalized” and payment issued for the repair of the home.  All of this is important because it affects how quickly repairs will actually start on your home.

Obviously you don’t want to actually start the repair process until you get the insurance to commit to the necessary repairs. You also want to make sure that you have an advocate on your side to ensure that the proper scope of repair is created.

Most insurance policies are written so that for a covered loss the insurance company is obligated to make you whole.Meaning that they owe to pay for whatever it takes to put your property and your contents back to a pre-loss condition. Too often clients get short changed in this process.

Remember, you have the right to choose any qualified contractor you want to restore your property! Our partners will be happy to help you.